Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Search for Peace

The breath of Peace could quiet my day, if I could find it.
But where does it exist in this turmoil?  How do I find it amidst this noise?

A siren races to meet Death at an accident; a jet brings a CEO to a crucial conference nearby; a truck downshifts to make that curve, on the freeway going ...
Going somewhere. 

The sounds are divorced from me, yet they penetrate every nerve. The leaf blower might as well be in my living room, considering the disturbance it causes in my aura. 

Is my Peaceful breath high above this cacophony somewhere?  Or is found only  buried beneath it all in a quiet grave of slumber?  It is imperative that I find it, as often as possible. A walk in the woods, iPod music, a constant search for that "Peace which passeth all understanding." The part that "passes all understanding" is this: why have we let the world get so LOUD!

No comments: