Thursday, January 19, 2012

Silver Thaw 2012

I can't begin to tell you how amazing it is to watch this Silver Thaw as it happens. The trees that live right outside our apartment house have been my constant companions for the last several months, because every day since October 1st I have taken a picture through one square of the bedroom window. So I have had an intimate journey with them through leaves changing color and falling, bare dark rain soaked branches, then snow. But today is the most dramatic, awesome, painful, stunningly gorgeous day I have shared with them. It is almost impossible to get a picture that shows what is going on, because they move slightly in the breeze. I am holding my breath, hoping that it will warm up in time, before any of these branches break with the weight.  How important it is to be Flexible, eh?

No comments: