Saturday, April 30, 2011

End of April Thoughts


What will this day hold for you?
Can you see to the end, to what
You will have learned?
Give yourself over to possibility.
Give up the need to be all
Knowing.


Pain is torture
Pain sits on the rail and jeers at me
As I ride through the night,  jumping over stars.
He rarely takes a night off
But I have learned to ignore his mockery
Because I know he is not me. 
Ice cream is happy. 
Ice cream loves to partner with chocolate sauce. 
If ice cream was not fattening, I would eat it three times a day.... every day. 
There is always room for ice cream in my freezer and in my tummy.
Ice cream is good any time of year, any time of day.
The thought of ice cream turns me to anticipation.
Ice cream is not food, it is a jewel to be treasured. 
I have never had bad ice cream. Or if I did, I immediately forgave it and moved on. 
I know that ice cream is close to Heaven, almost Ambrosia, close to the Saints. 
I know ice cream is made by tiny miracles of chemistry. It is made a bit like butter, but it is not butter.  
It is ice cream.... helado.... creme glacée.
              I don't want to live where there is no ice cream. 

No comments: